Monday, June 25, 2018

Empty Nest

The little wrens and their wondrous little mama are gone:

Let me give Little Mama all the credit in the world: this was firmly attached to my swing with twigs and moss and pine straw.  A good bit of the bottom and the back of the nest sort of stuck in place when I took it out.  But there was an even more breathtaking sight once it was in my hands:
A teeny little one left behind.  Sad.  Beautiful.  While I'm fairly sure Little Mama doesn't go through the same emotional cycle as humans, I still wonder if she was heartbroken at this.

So I put the little guy/girl back in the nest, and put the nest on my porch bench, and that's where they will stay.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

That egg is a beautiful thing to behold!

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...