Friday, May 11, 2018

You Might Not Know

That lemonade with a peach infusion tastes wonderful.  When your daughter is a Starbucks barista, and offers to make you a drink whenever you give her a ride, you get to ask for interesting things. 

About Tate's Bake Shop, but you should.  I particularly recommend anything of theirs that contains pecans.

That I'm in the mood for a swap or a contest or something.  Would any of you be interested?  Which would you prefer?

That this yarn has been giving me fits for two weeks:
It came as a kit, with which to make a shawl.  I'm not sure that you can see in the photo, but the yarn is made up of four strands of, basically, sewing thread.  That makes it really susceptible to snagging and/or dropping one of the four threads at any time.  Add that to the fact that the shawl pattern called for it to be used with size 8 needles, and you can see how disaster was guaranteed to happen.  So, I went down a few sizes, but the yarn had long since made up its mind that it was not meant to be a shawl.

Maybe a scarf, then?  Nope.  A scarf knit lengthwise?  Nope.  A kerchief?  It seems not.  Back to a regular scarf.  Uh-uh.  Another lengthwise scarf cast on.  I have started and stopped with these threads so many times that it is now a test of wills. Sometimes, yarn misbehaves and you give it a time out.  It goes back into the stash to think about what it's done. Sometimes, yarn misbehaves and it makes one defiant.  This yarn is not going to beat me.  If I have to cast on a dozen more times, it will bend to my desires.


4 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

Will it? Or will it torment you forever?
I would be up for a summertime swap!

teabird said...

How about a bias wrap or scarf?

kathy b said...

Ha! I'm having similar issues with the thing that was going to be a poncho then a shawl and now.... I dunno what! I found a mistake in the shawl. I'll let it sit . I'm back to the log cabin for a bit.

kmkat said...

What a perfect gif for that #^$R% yarn! Good luck!

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...