Friday, March 2, 2018

Sort of Family Stuff

No, I haven't heard from Hannah again since her sloth adventure.  She'll be back Sunday, so there should be a full de-brief next week.  Twinnie, I will be sure to post any other photos that there are.

 On the subject of Dear Twinster, it has long been well-known that she received all the Cable Talent in the family.  If you have ever visited her blog and looked at her work, cables are a running (!) theme.  I tend to flip right past patterns with cables, while she'll stop and deeply consider them.  That said, here's the sweater my cousin sent me;  I'm binding off the back shoulders:
First of all, it's a dark navy with bright red ribbing, not purple and pink.  Second, notice that there's cabling, and that I'm carrying it on.  It's a nice design, actually.  The marker on the right side is where I started;  I'm going to mark it somehow so the girls will know how far their mother's work went.  I wasn't sent any of the red yarn, so the red will only be in the back.  The project's for sentiment, though, not fashion.

                                                     


2 comments:

Kim in Oregon said...

CABLES! You can do this!

kathy b said...

What a lovely thing to do! sentiment counts! You are so sweet

One

One video.