Sunday, February 25, 2018

Working

Working very hard not to be envious of my daughter for starting a week-long cruise today.
(You all probably know by now that that's her on the right.  The Most Photogenic Person EVER.)

Working sporadically on a sweater my cousin sent me to finish.  It had been started by the mom of a friend who died very suddenly, cast on for the father.  He died unexpectedly just before Christmas last year.  It isn't complicated --- a ribbed-and-cabled V-neck, but I'm having a difficult time with it.  I can't explain why, but it just isn't fitting my hands.  Does that make any sense?

Colt, a service dog I was lucky enough to name for ECAD, has found his working home:

I also named his brother, Cherokee, who has been paired with a family, and even went to DisneyWorld!


1 comment:

kathy b said...

Im so happy she gets to get away. That will make her very happy! Sun and warmth and a good friend. It will make you happy too that she's so happy. We moms are like that. Congrats on great naming for amazing dogs. I understand that it is just not time to knit on that sweater. Put it aside. IT will have its own time. Don't let it make you sad please

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...