Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hats and Tim

Thursday, I started watching "Tin Star" on Amazon, and during a single episode, I knit a hat.  Granted, it was made with Knit Collage Daisy Chain yarn (thank you, Camille), and knit on 15s, but it was still a complete and finished hat.

Yesterday, I watched a little more "Tin Star," and, during another single episode, made another hat.  Three strands of worsted held together, and done on 13s, but an FO nonetheless.

Today, I finished "Tin Star," but don't have anything finished to speak for it.  I cast on for a scarf in two shades of Noro, alternating the colors between stripes.  I'm also about to cast on for "Sweet Little Nothing,"
using Lion Brand's Heartland Tweed in "Mount Rainier."
This yarn is so soft, and should have a nice drape that will work well with the pattern.  Plus, at the end, I get to find an interesting button to finish it off!

I watched "Tin Star" because I am a fan of Tim Roth.  He's an actor I simply enjoy watching work.  Have you seen "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead"?
Glorious, glorious stuff.  In the Top Five of My Favorite Movies Ever.  

"Tin Star" is raw and brutal and bloody, things that don't usually attract me.  But the story was pretty fascinating, and I'm ready now for Season 2, should there be one.

2 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

I think "Rob Roy" was my introduction to Tim Roth... raw and brutal and bloody, for sure! Rosencrantz & Guildenstern sounds fabulous! On my list (and on Amazon)! :)

camille said...

Glad you got to use the yarn! That cape pattern is great.

Who Could This Be?

Well, it's an animal, I'll give you that much of a clue.  But what kind  of animal?  You can leave guesses in the comments, and mayb...