Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Sugarplums

A grocery trip had to be made today, as just about everything left in the house was either for cats, dogs, or could be found in the menu section marked "Desserts."  So, after the 7 AM feeding of the cats, and insulin injection of Maddie, I got dressed and went to Publix.  Publix isn't my go-to for usual, big grocery shopping, but I really like the store and figured any little boost to get out the door was worthwhile.  I even put on one of my favorite pair of boots:
Again, any little thing was going to be helpful.

The Chick-Fil-A across the street from Publix has gotten drone coverage of its Christmas lights.  A still was all I could do this morning:


The Christmas decorations here are coming down bit by bit.  Today, I took down the cards I received, used to decorate the door jamb going into the living room.  There were some beautiful cards this year --- maybe the prettiest group I've ever gotten.

My cousin's granddaughter is doing well.  Her parents got to hold her for the first time yesterday.  I have to thank Kathy, a former NICU nurse, for giving me encouraging words to pass on.  Not only was the baby born early, but she was born in Tennessee --- not a problem except that her home, doctor, and baby "stuff" are in Indiana.  There's no indication of when anyone will be leaving the hospital, or be able to head back North.

I'm still working on things to give her, though have changed my search from "newborn" to "preemie" sizes.  This
may look like a Pride flag, but it's actually the first two rows of a baby sock.  I made its partner last night, binding off as I was nodding off.

4 comments:

kayT said...

OMG I love those boots!!!

Bridget said...

The main thing that I took away from - that AMAZED me - from this post is that your cats will wait until 7 am to be fed ...

kathy b said...

Oh Baby will do so well!!!! The baby sock looks so cheerful and cute. Even if the babes are just in premie diapers in their isolette, the socks and booties made them REAL babies to family!!

camille said...

Those boots are works of art. Wow. Love the rainbow yarn. Happy baby is safe and well!

One

One video.