Monday, December 26, 2016

Cheer

Briton gave me the book, and Hannah the big purple mug + Ghirardelli caramel hot chocolate mix.  They were both perfect for a grey, misty Boxing Day.

There's also been knitting, naturally.  I've made four hats in the last 3 days.  I'm working on a layette for my cousin's son and daughter-and-law, whose first child is due February 3rd.  However, the little one had different plans, and was born yesterday!  So, I'm trying to pick up the pace a wee bit.  She's currently in NICU, so when she'll truly need them is up in the air.  

Bridget will be receiving a little giftie for participating in the "Twelve Days" question the other day.  "Five gold rings" seems to be the default choice.  For sheer poetry, "Seven swans a-swimming" is hard to beat.  The upkeep on the swans and their habitat, though, must be sizeable.




4 comments:

  1. OMG a prize!!! I am ridiculously excited about this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Bridget!! We love Trevor Noah. I may have to get that book! A month early for a girl in NICU should be fine. Hard on family to have her in NICU, but they catch on quickly and are usually home a week or so before the due date now. How nice to knit the layette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got that book in audible form -- can't wait to listen to it. Just have to get through the 22 hours of Joe Hill's The Fireman first ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, with the 7 swans swimming, it makes me wonder... Is it 3 couples and a baby? Or 2 couples- one with twins, the other an only baby? Since swans mate for life, and chase their offspring away when it's time, I wonder. I think I'd feel better about the swans if I could confirm it isn't 3 couples and a loner than they are planning to chae away. Singletons get chased away too.

    ReplyDelete

In Order

FIRST.   You're all being quite kind and selfless by "disqualifying" yourselves from Countdown Contest prizes once you've...