Saturday, May 21, 2016

Makers' May. Day 21.

It's a gray day here.  The animals and I are fighting over couch space.  I think that they have developed a highly organized, sophisticated plan to deny me use of any part of it.  They have banded together despite their species difference against the common enemy, The Human.  I struggle  for a seat, and am granted one only long enough to answer the next MM question.  They demand chicken- and pork-flavored treats in return.

What gets you excited about your work?

Hmmmmmm.

I'm definitely a process knitter, rather than a product one.  The physical process of knitting is what I enjoy.  The feel of the yarn, the satisfaction of getting through lace repeats without screwing up, the motion of the needles, and the still hard-to-believe idea that an entire garment can be made with two sticks and what amounts to one long piece of string.


2 comments:

Judy S. said...

The knitting process is amazing, isn't it? And so is that yarny video. How'd you do that?

kmkat said...

I stared at that for minutes at a time and I STILL cannot figure out how it works. The center point never changes.

One

One video.