Saturday, December 6, 2014

This Was To Have Been Posted Yesterday

My friend Laurie makes beautiful Swarovski bead stitch markers.  They truly are jewelry for knitting;  I'm much more pleased with the entire process when I come to one of her markers on a row, compared to a plain plastic ring.

Well, Laurie's husband, Tom, does a little baking every now and then.  It is my considered opinion that he makes the best cheesecakes anywhere.  Granted, I haven't been everywhere, but I have eaten a lot of cheesecake, and his are exponentially better than any.

Today, my latest stich marker order arrived in what was a pretty big box.  It was almost too much to hope for, but, yes, inside were the stitch markers and this:

You cannot know how thrilled I am about this.  And how bloody hard it's going to be to make that golden nugget last for more than today.

Boot-wise, an unusual pair, which I found on etsy, believe it or not:
They are so comfortable, and so unlike any others that I have.

Finally:
I made mittens.  These are going to stay with me, as the thumbs are wonky.  I could not grasp the pattern's instructions there, for some reason.  Will try again to have some to put in the shop.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Laurie (Moo!) said...

That cheesecake is ALL YOURS!

Also, you have the best taste in boots.

The Shared Experience

When my college roommate knit her first scarf, it was a super-long Dr. Who number, all in garter.  She was so proud;  I was proud of and hap...